Thursday, January 13, 2011

Assignment #9: If I had $100

Hello viewers. on this post im talking about how our class is doing this assignment involving ethical giving. Our teacher Ms.Crosbie has given all of us $100(not real money) and we must choose what would we decide to give the unfortunate in Africa. I have teamed up with some of my friends in my class so that we mcould have more money and we decided to get the following... two goats,a donkey,a flock of chickens, a sheep and safe drinking water. We had bought a lot of animals so that people who need help have everything they need to live and the purpose of all these things are in the following... the two goat for clothing goat, goat ilk and maybe a use for food. A donkey would help carry heavy loads and it can take those big loads a long way. The purpose of a sheep is  just really for wool. the point of having a flock of chickens is for eggs, and they're meat to eat. The obvouisly reason for safe water is giving people who desperately need clean water the chance to have clean water in the life. And me and my friends had used the full $400 that we had to spend. The following is showing the prices of what we had bought...
two goats=$116
one donkey=$120
a flock of chickens=$90
a sheep=$52
After all this work i've found out that Oxfam is a really organized website but not the cheapest. But we had just gone with all Oxfam for everything we purchased. I just think we picked Oxfam because it was really organized so we could find everything we needed to buy for the unfortunate. this is what me and my friends have done for a group for this assignment.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job Brandon!It was very smart of all of you guys to team up! I really think that you are a real generous ethical giver! I hope you are having a great time. Come check out my blog!

    -Tyler

    ReplyDelete